Monday, May 12, 2014

London Day III

Cheerio, Chaps!

Up front let me go ahead and say that my hair is pure rubbish here, so please ignore that. I also had serious short people problems this morning - other than bad hair and being short, today was another great one.

The morning started with a trip to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guards - I obviously saw very little of this, but it was quite a neat experience. Of note, during this ceremony the band played the following: Jesus Christ Superstar and three Michael Jackson songs, so there's that.

Had to get this shot for Brian



Mounted patrol getting people to stop hanging on the fence - hilarious!


We then proceeded to the Royal Mews - all you horse lovers would have loved this spot. The stables are immaculate, and many families have worked here for generations - what great tradition and pride they have in their country here. Fun fact: Queen Elizabeth has named all of the royal horses.

The Royal Mews!

We then proceeded to find Catie and Becky Becs - I'm so glad we were able to make this happen. After a tasty lunch, we headed to Trafalgar Square, and then wandered through the National Gallery - oh so many of my favorite artists - Renoir, Monet, Botticelli, Manet, Van Gogh, Degas, Cézanne and Pissarro.

Finally got to see these lovely people

DEFIE!

Phi Mu Mecca

Trafalgar Square



Illegally snapped  this in the National Gallery

After wandering around a bit and stumbling upon some great treasures - we headed to "We Will Rock You." As one patron put it upon leaving, "Well, the talking parts were rubbish, but I quite enjoyed the singing." I must say I have to agree with her - the storyline is a bit bizarre, but the music was amazing!


One of my favorite little streets


No comments:

Post a Comment