Monday, April 11, 2011

You know the saying 'when it rains it pours'...


Doesn't that always seem to be the case. I don't know if it's coincidence or just that when one thing goes wrong we look at everything with a more scornful eye. I, myself, have been feeling this way lately; I think it's because change is so hard, and it appears to me that most aspects of my life are changing all at once. My boyfriend is moving in a month, most of my best friends are graduating, and my parents have decided to sell the house I grew up in (my sister will start college in the fall, and they're in need of less 'house' to take care of). These are difficult situations for me because I want to move on to the next stage of life so badly, but right now I can't, and it appears that everyone close to me is able to do so.

However, with the bad also comes the good. I try to look at the positives that can be taken from unpleasant  circumstances; it is certainly not easy, but it really is the only way to live life. There is always something to complain about, but there is also always something to be grateful for. Amazingly, I already feel better after writing this...incredible what positive thoughts can do. Today, I'm choosing to give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment