Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Obession

"The truth is, things matter. They have to. They're what we live with every day. They represent what we've seen, who we've loved, and where we hope to go next. They remind us of the good times and the rough patches, and everything in between that's made us who we are." -Nate Berkus

I am a sucker for a great book and Nate Berkus so when Nate writes a book...I am entranced. I picked up The Things that Matter yesterday, and I have not been able to put it down, but it definitely was not what I was expecting.

I love a great coffee table book with beautiful pictures of décor and breathtaking scenery, so when I purchased this book I thought I was getting some pretty pictures and a little design inspiration. What I actually got was so much more...I am consumed with the stories that Nate tells not only about himself, but also about the people he loves and what their spaces say about who they are and who they hope to become. The truth is we are all told that things don't matter, but when they remind us of where we come from and those we love, they do matter. They really do.

Buy this book...you will not be sorry, it is truly a treasure!



No comments:

Post a Comment