Saturday, October 6, 2012

Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes

Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes



I made the best cupcakes the other day and the best part: the recipe was super easy!

I don't cook...wish I did, but I don't. I thought that if I got some pretty hard-back recipe books that I might be inspired to try my hand at a few things. I will keep you posted on how it goes

...first baking adventure = success!

I highly recommend scouring your local Marshall's or TJ Maxx for some pretty cooking books...I also bought a pretty pasta book...I'll share those recipes at a later date!

Cost of the cupcake book = $4 (can't get much better than that)

Ingredients:         
*makes 8 cupcakes
4 tbsp soft margarine
Generous 1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 large egg
Scant 5/8 cup self-rising flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 oz/55 g semisweet chocolate
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting 

*Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put 8 paper baking cases in a muffin pan.

*Put the margarine, sugar, egg, flour, and cocoa in a large bowl and, using an electric hand whisk, beat together until just smooth.

*Spoon half of the batter into the paper cases. Using a teaspoon, make an indentation in the center of each cake. Break the chocolate evenly into 8 squares and place a piece in each indentation, then spoon the remaining cake batter on top.

*Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until well risen and springy to the touch. Leave the cupcakes for 2-3 minutes before serving warm, dusted with sifted confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment